Have your well water tested
Test your well water now for a baseline reading in case we need to prove future contamination. The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene, University of Wisconsin Environmental Health Division tests wells in both Wisconsin and Michigan. The cost is $75.
The test is a metals screen and includes:
Order your kit
- Call the University of Wisconsin-Madison Environmental Health Division at 800-442-4618.
- Ask for a 16-point Metals Screen Test.
- Shipment of the test is free, but you will have to pay for return shipment to the lab.
- They test wells in both Wisconsin and Michigan.
- The cost is $75—you will be sent an invoice.
Follow the instructions
To ensure quality services, carefully:
- Follow all instructions.
- Complete all test request forms thoroughly.
- Submit water samples in the bottles provided.
Failure to follow instructions or the use of unapproved sample bottles may result in rejection of your sample.
Submit your water sample
You can drop off your water sample or ship it. Because some drinking water samples must be tested within a short time period after sampling, IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO NOT SHIP SAMPLES ON FRIDAYS FOR SATURDAY DELIVERY.
Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Environmental Health Division
2601 Agriculture Drive
P.O. Box 7996
Madison WI 53707-7996
Lab hours: 7:45am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday